Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tabiyo Shop - The Crafter


Today we are happy to invite Pooi Chin, a young sweet lady and We love how she crafted her artwork and how she made a refill blank notebook so lively!


Name: Pooi Chin
Age: 21
Email Address: pc.chen92@gmail.com
Occupation: Student
Blog/Website: http://instagram.com/pooi_chin
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/PhavouriteChannel




1.    Tell us about yourself. What do you do for a living? What are your interests?


I’m 21 this year, still a student studying business marketing. I learn chinese calligraphy (such a typical chinese girl huh? :P ) and I enjoy crafting since young although I am not very talented, thus I do all the simple things. The quote that says ‘less is more’ is always with me. Recently I’m into snail mailing, I write letters and do postcard swapping whereby I DIY and handmade most of the cards. 

2.    When do you start keeping a journal?


I’ve always love writing and scribbling, but I only start journaling on TN since the beginning of this year (2013).

3.   What makes you come across to this product?


I came about this product through some of the sharing posts from Instagram. I first fell for the leather cover, and once I realized the key feature about TN that it is customizable and refillable, I was totally amazed and I told myself that I must own it! That is the feeling of belonging that made me fall for it when I knew I could be using the same cover even though I change to a new refill booklet.

4.    Do you have a website or a blog? What makes you record down your journal on a physical notebook instead of a blog?  


I do not have a blog but I share my work on Instagram (pooi_chin). As I mentioned before, I love scribbling, love the mark of pen onto papers and I feel more real to record on papers instead of saving them online. The satisfaction of flipping through the pages of a physical notebook is just indescribable and unbeatable compare to scrolling them and looking from a monitor. I’m also glad that my bf supports me on journaling, he will always bring me to some nice environment or nice atmosphere café and watch me writing.

5.   Can you share few pages (in pics) of your customizations in your notebook?

I don’t do much customizations or modifications in my notebook, however if you would be interested, let me just share some of the recent pages that I wrote. Basically I write my own feelings and thoughts, that’s why I’m always too embarrassed to expose the word content. I have a habit of collecting receipt, business cards and all sorts of tickets. I have a whole big stack of receipt and cards that I accumulate over the years and most of them have actually faded. For me, they are a means of memories. And now I found a better way to keep them, which is to attach them on my TN whereby I am still able to write some ‘stories’ about that. I believe that they will be one of my precious things after years where the memories are being kept in my notebook. 

///


Pooi Chin's Notebook









///


6.   Wow! Very personalize customization! So what/who inspires you and your customization on your journal?

·     Do you mean on the notebook itself? I’m not too fancy on the customizing my TN with those kind of charms, I don’t even use the bookmark. I prefer keeping it simple and basic. However, I hope that I could have a chance to do some personalised word embossing on the cover of my TN.

7. What does travel means to you? And where will be your next destination?


Literally, travel means a getaway for me. My next travel destination is still undecided. Since budget is an issue for me as a student, I don’t demand to travel to somewhere that is too far away, I’ll be very happy to go anywhere as long as I can temporary shut down my mind from the hectic work load.

8. Are you into photography (analogue/digital) as well? If you are into analogue camera, which one is your favorite camera?


I’m not too into photography but my boyfriend does. :D He is a wedding and portrait photographer (digital), but he love film photography so much and he also does analogue photography as his hobby. Since I myself is not too familiar with analogue camera, based on what he owns now, I like the Minolta Autocord(TLR), first, it looks cool. Second, it takes square dimension photos that are comparatively unique from the usual landscape/portrait. I also like Land Camera 450 Polaroid camera where it produces instant film for me to complement my wordy journal. The instant film is way different than the usual Fujifilm instax, the Polaroid from old days produce better photo quality.



9. What your say about doing things in analogue way in this digital era?
According to what my boyfriend has shared to me, doing things in analogue way is a chance of allowing ourselves to slow down and experience the rhythm of life, looking things into different way from another angle. Like the old times. It is similar as why I prefer to write on physical notebook than doing it online or through Internet.

10.  Thanks for your time! One very last question. If there is no Internet in this world, what do you think you will be doing to replace the time you spend online each day? 


This is a tough question, and I can’t really imagine if this day happens. Well, I think then I will have more time to do journal, and I would have known more pen pals and write more letters. I also wonder what would others do if Internet happened to shut down for a period of time. How do people do communication? That would be question to ponder. I hope more people will actually write, be fascinated by journaling and handwritings.



Special thanks to Pooi Chin for spending his time for this interview. Tabiyoshop Pop- Up store is now available at Photo Crafts Kota Damansara outlet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment